segunda-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2010

Foe vanquished

Victory over the Necrons!

A very underwhelming battle against the Eternal Ones, in which the superior volume of fire of the Imperial Guard made short work of the xenos. My biggest loss of the game was when a heavy gauss blast blew up one of my Leman Russ tanks, taking 15 guardsmen with it. Other than that, I found that the Necrons have an undeserved reputation as a terrible foe. Sure, they're annoying, what with the Veil of Darkness and We'll Be Back and all, but by the time they were finally in range to start shooting, they'd already lost most of their numbers. The Monolith can easily just be ignored, and their assault forces fall like any others in front of massed lasgun fire.

As it is, this was the last game I played with my trusty 1st Volistad Scratch Regiment.

The GTS is in a couple of months (early March) and I've got to get busy with my Blood Angels. There's a tournament at Homem Azul this coming weekend, and there my veteran marines will fight their first battle in almost a decade!

In the meantime, I've got a lot of painting to do.

1 comentário:

  1. I wasn't aware that Necrons had any sort of reputation, except as cannon fodder. A good list run by a skilled player can be solid, but for the most part they're just not that great. The only trick is to kill their mobility, focus fire to wipe out full units, and ignore the Monoliths. It's been years since I've faced one and had them not Phase Out before the end of the game.

    Still, a win is a win. Congrats!

    Oh, also... if you're going to post in English, might it also be good to have the site layout in English too? I can muddle by thanks to knowing the layout and some grasp of Spanish... but others might be put off by it.

    ResponderEliminar